- How to find your passion so that you can have purpose and peace in retirement, even if you think you are too old to start something new.
- The secret is to know what questions to ask yourself without feeling overwhelmed.
You’ll get questionnaires and articles to discover your passion. By the end of the course, you will be able to know what the next steps are in living your dream.
Why this course was created:
Let’s imagine (or maybe it’s for real) that you are about 60 years old (plus or minus 10 years). You are at the point where you think you should retire, or at least consider it, but you are not sure about how you will handle it.
Suddenly, you are caught between the fear of leaving work behind and the excitement of “being the boss of you.” There are things you have wanted to do all your life, but either never had the time (because you worked) or the money. Now, you don’t even know where to start.
This course was created after researching the thoughts and feelings of dozens of potential and real retirees:
- How will I spend the hours in the day?
- Will I miss going to work, what if I get bored?
- I have friends that retired, and they were so excited the first year. Then…they seemed to have health issues, and they did not have interesting things to talk about. They appeared not unhappy, but just not quite fulfilled.
- Am I too old to start a new career?
- I have had to put my passion on the back burner for so long, I don’t even know what my passion is anymore.
- What if I fail?
- What will my friends think if I go off and do something outrageous?
How can I re-create myself and discover new possibilities?
A financial planner once told me, “I can tell them what to do with their money, but I don’t have a clue how to help them with their heart!”
"It's a great orientation to the big questions of a happy retirement."
"Helpful and enjoyable"
"I learned to accept retirement as a process, to have lens of gratitude and to enjoy service in the little things."
"You need to take this class!"
- Watch the Instructional Video for Module 5 (9:55)
- Record your answers to the Powerful Pondering Questions Tool for Module 5
- Write in your journal - reactions, comments, celebrations...
- Answer the Wrap it Up Questions
- Post Survey - How did you Do? Compare your answers with your pre-survey.
- Additional Resources
- Evaluation or course
Susan Jung, Author
What I have learned along the way is that there are many paths to find your purpose. There are also many challenges along the way and sometimes you just don’t know if you are headed in the right direction. Sometimes there is confusion about where you are headed and why. Fortunately, I had many capable coaches that helped me keep focused and finally achieve my goal.
After a long and successful school counseling career, I retired in 2007 to live my dream. I am a licensed professional counselor and certified equine assisted psychotherapist. I am also a certified professional counselor supervisor.
My belief is that everyone has a passion inside of them. Sometimes you know what it is and sometimes you don’t. But I believe it is important to find your passion and act on it so you can have balance, peace, and happiness in your life.